2013/11/9 Update: It seems like he was arrested again in 2013/11/7!
2013/1/17 Update: On Thursday, Ahmed Meligy posted in a group made for his release and confirmed that he was released.
On 31 December, 2012, groups were made and the message was published about the arrest of Ahmed Meligy. He is a supporter for peace with Israel and publishes opinion articles related to peace with Israel in the Jerusalem Post.
This is yet another reminder for those who are fooled to believe that it’s not the state of Egypt which creates the hostility against Israel and Jews, and attacks all peace activists who promote reconciliation with Israel.
* Israel National News: Egyptian Activist: “We Were Taught to Hate Israel” (an interview with Ahmed Meligy; 2012/6/20; The anchor asked at 19:39 “if you can go to jail for talking to us?”. Yes he’s now!)
* news.piratenpartei.de: Ahmed Meligy who posts frequently on this group is being arrested (December 31 2012)
* Jerusalem Post: Jerusalem Post blogger Ahmed Meligy was reportedly arrested in Egypt on Monday. (2012/12/31)
* English Ahram: The Egyptian censor stopped the filming of a film promoting peace and cooperation between Egyptians and Israelis, accusing the makers of “promoting normalization with Israel” (2012/6/5)
* Emad el Dafrawi: Egypt Football Federation Threatens Football Players if they Played in the Israeli League (2012/11/08)
* Emad el Dafrawi: The Peace Treaty with Israel as the Wife of the Military Regime in Egypt (2012/04/16)
* Israel Loves Iran (Facebook page): WHERE is AHMED MELIGY ? (2013/1/2); linking to Free Ahmed Meligy (page) (now dead-links)
* The Daily Star: Egyptian security services have banned a film about the Jews of Egypt (2013/3/12) (the report mistaken the name “Amir” Ramses for “Amr”!)
* YaLa-Young Leaders: Ahmed Meligy appeared in that video in the 3:5 minute supporting peace talks between Israel and Palestine (2013/8/13); the full video (2013/8/7)